Pinterest

Thursday 22 November 2012

Man V. Food Veggie Style!

So, it's my birthday and I have decided to blog this year. Why? Because sometimes you just got to share your world with strangers!

I got a couple of friends and family round and served up a special meal.

We started with build your own summer rolls (rocket, coriander, Thai sweet basil, onion, cucumber) all wrapped in rice paper sheets and dipped in sweet chilli sauce with lime. Sweet!

The main course was an ode to Man v. Food which I am a massive fan of. Being veggie though I had to get creative.

I built an epic burger containing the following:

  • Ciabatta bread
  • Homemade Coriander salsa
  • Homemade Oat burger
  • Fried egg
  • Homemade Chilli sauce
  • Bread
  • Burger
  • Garlic mayo
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Coriander salsa
  • Avocado
  • Burger
  • Chilli sauce
  • Grilled pineapple
  • Bread
  • Chilli sauce
Served with a side of sweet potato fries and normal fries. 
I had never done this before so wasn't sure how it would taste, but it went down a treat. Everyone loved it, and it tasted great if I do say so myself. (Though I'd avoid getting the egg and pineapple in the same mouthful!). Leave out the egg and have it vegan. If you're interested I'll post more details on the recipe.



Man V. Food Style Vegetarian Burger

I finished it up with some tofu chocolate mousse. What?!! Honestly, it was beautiful. Very rich and chocolately. You'd never guess it was tofu.

Here ends my first blog post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment